Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams...

Can you name that musical?

Actually, I'm not spinning daydreams, I'm spinning realities! My life has been a whirlwind of activity since I last posted.

Here's the low-down...

1. I've been so busy I haven't been able to check in with everyone on a consistant basis. It took me over an hour to catch up tonight.

2. I can't check in on most at work anymore...Typepad blogs have been blocked because they are a "forum" and Chatty got blocked because of all of her "adult language" (I thought you might get a kick out of that).

3. The musical is coming along. I have having issues with the dread VD (vocal director). For those of you who weren't around last year (I say that like I have so many avid readers), he's very self-centered and feels the show is about him and his chamber singers, therefore he tends to favor them and make my drama kids feel bad. This year I have taken it to a higher power...not that one...the principal. I had a chat about how he was treating kids. And then after another incident 3 kids went to the principal about him. I have a feeling I might be in the market for a new VD.

4. Wedding plans have been put on hold for a little while. NO! nothing bad has happened, I have just been too busy. We did book the cupcakery. Yes, you read that right, the cupcakery. We are not doing a traditional cake, we are doing red velvet cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting topped with a cherry. It's going to be so cool. We will have one large multi tiered display and then surrounding it will be cake stands and trays filled with the remaining cupcakes. We are really excited about this, it's going to be a lot of fun. Check Frosted in Belmont Shores, they are doing the cupcakes. They are WAY tastier than that other fancy-smancy cupcake place, and $10 cheaper per dozen.

5. We are scheduled to close escrow next Thursday! Can you believe? We are VERY VERY excited about that. We have our final walk through tomorrow, the tent goes up on Monday (if we don't have another windstorm), and we should close and fund on Thursday and Friday. Which means I should be painting by next Saturday and moving stuff in by Sunday afternoon. I figure if I take a few boxes in my car everyday for a week (M will be out of town) the big move will be a lot easier (fewer boxes to move and less stuff to still unpack). So, needless to say I have been a packing fool...

6. Speaking of packing, where in the world did I get so much crap? I mean it seems to be the never ending supply of stuff that needs to go into boxes. I know I need to purge, but everything seems so essential. What do I get rid of? I know a bunch of stuff will be going after we move in. We figured we would just get stuff into the house and then go, "we really don't need that". I know that seems silly, but I think I might work better that way.

Okay, I think you are all up to speed. I am on vacation this week. I'm looking forward to packing, resting and catching up with family and friends. Enjoy the blossoming spring weather!

No comments: