Saturday, March 10, 2007

Drama

and I'm not talking about the kind on stage...

The purchase of the house is getting crazy. I got a call from my mortgage guy wanting to know what the hell is going on. Why did I accept an offer $15k over what they accepted. I had no idea what was going on. Apparently, they signed our offer, two offers ago. I know this is someone's mistake, but goodness people. We are spending hundreds of thousands dollars, let's take our heads out of our butts.

My agent hasn't returned my phone calls for two days. Mortgage guy has a phone call in to him to figure this stuff out. The contingencies need to be signed by Friday, escrow is supposed to close April 5. I haven't even turned in the fix it list yet, and there are some (what I consider major) items we want dealt with.

I hope today clears some of these items off of my worry list.

In the meantime, does anyone know a good contractor in the OC area? I have got to have some work done on my townhouse to get it ready for rental and can't get anyone to return my phone calls. And I DON'T have time to do the work myself.

No comments: