Sunday, July 02, 2006

dreams

I'm not talking about the kind that you have for your future or the future of your children. I'm talking about the kind that you have during that hour when you alarm clock went off and the time you actually wake up from said dream.

This morning I had a dream about anothe ex-boyfriend (yes, he too had become a very dear friend). We lost touch when he got married. I don't think it was because of his wife (if it was I wish he would have told me that), I think it was just life that caused us to forget to keep in touch.

Anyway, this dream...my friend C and I are at a party, a Disney party (I don't know why, she never worked there and I haven't for 11 years) and from across the room I recognize T's voice. I race over and receive a big hug and we proceed to lay on the floor and catch up (kinda, it's more like catching up and hearing the stuff I have always thought would be going on with his life at various times), during this catching up he tells me they are having a baby. I am very excited for him, he shows me the really cool theatrical lighting they are putting in the baby's room and then I wake up.

It's crazy. It could be because I have been thinking about tracking people down I don't know. I would want to get in touch with T again because he was one of my few grounding forces. He kept me in reality. I have such wonderful memories of dating him and being his friend (and when we were dating most of the time it was more like being friends). He introduced me to hockey and a great group of friends. He taught me that you could have fun anyplace and that spending time with friends and loved ones is important. Just enjoy them...they won't always be there.

T was there for me early on when my marriage was breaking up. We would talk on the phone for hours. He would help me see the brighter side, pointing out that even if it didn't work out it wouldn't be the end of the world. He was a wonderful friend and I would love to be in touch with him again.


*I have noticed a trend here...the last three entries have been about friends. I must be feeling a need right now. Now, to just figure out exactly what that need is.

No comments: