Tuesday, July 18, 2006

China, part 1

This will be the first of many posts about my trip to China. Let me start with...WOW! I had such an incredible time. It was so amazing to see things that were built before the US was even a glimmer in someone's eye.

The posts won't follow any particular order of the trip, just what I feel like talking about at the time. Tonight I feel like talking about the hotels.

I had been warned that the Chinesse 4 star hotel would be very different from the US 4 star hotel. It was...it was better. The hotels where amazing, we even stayed at a Howard Johnson, and let me tell you it was WAY better than any HoJo's have have even seen.

The only problem was the beds were like rocks! Or at least I thought this was a problem until I realized my back wasn't bothering me, even after all the walking we were doing. My back has bothered me more since getting home than it did the entire trip. There must really be something to those rock hard beds.

Every hotel also had silk comforters. Those are amazing. I didn't buy any while in China, but plan to if I ever go back. I won't buy them here, they only cost about $60 there.

Here are the rooms I stayed in...

Bejing

Suzhou



Hangzhou


Shanghai

Pretty nice, huh?

1 comment:

Lucas said...

wait... you're already home?