Friday, March 31, 2006

BOYS....ARGH!

Why in the world does the boy think I would want him to come over when he gets off work at 10:00pm? I teach...all day. I'm tired at 10:00, in fact I am usually asleep on the coach by 8:30. I don't want to have to entertain someone at 10:00 pm. Especially when I know what type of entertainment he is looking for. I'm sorry, but having him come over just for "that" is not my idea of romance. And can I mention how offensive it is when he gets all mopey about the fact I don't want him to come over that late. Does he not get it? Apparently not. And heaven forbit you try to explain this to the boy...then everything that is wrong with the world is my fault. Feeling like "that" is the only reason he comes to see me is all in my head. Well, if it's in my head it got there somehow, I know I didn't put it there myself. And while I am bitching about this, why does he think that telling me that "this will be the last time we can "be" together" before he goes out of town is going to be a turn on? What about just hanging out before he goes out of town?

Okay, now don't get me wrong...I am not saying I do not enjoy "that" aspect of our relationship. I just don't like feeling like that is the only aspect of our relationship he is interested in. And that is exactly how I feel right now. Now, if I were to tell him that, he will say "how can that be all I'm interested in, it's been so long since we've been together." That is supposed to somehow make me feel better. All it does is piss me off. He doesn't see the lack of what he wants is a by-product of my feeling like that is all he wants. It's a big catch 22 I suppose. But the question is, how do you turn those feelings around, how do you get back to the good times when you both felt satisfied with all (or at least most) aspects of the relationship. Or have I hit a hopeless deadend?

Boys.....ARGH!

2 comments:

Diane Viere said...

Yes, boys...you gotta love 'em!

Diane

Diane Viere said...

THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your words of encouragement and hope! Less than one hour ago--I said good-bye to my son as he is driving to Orlando this very minute! I have posted my Tuesday Treasure about it....have to go upstairs now...and finish crying! But--seriously--I really appreciate your positive comments and experience. I will hold tight as I pray for his experience!

Diane