Monday, March 06, 2006

And the Oscar goes to...

Did anyone watch the Academy Awards? There were some very disappointing things...like the best song...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?!?!???? The was probably one of the worst things I have ever heard. Take away the fact that I already don't like rap, that has nothing to do with my shock...the song just wasn't very good.

And what is it with these pale and proud women who wear equally pale dresses? Don't they realize they are pale, maybe the need to wear a little bit of color, and gold is not the color!! I keep hearing about how awful Charlize Theron look and who wonderful Jessica Alba looked...and I just look at the people like the are nuts. Jessica Alba's dress was hideous! I would take that big green bow anyday over the fiasco Alba wore.

I thought Jennifer Gardner was gracefull when she almost fell. Very cute and a great comeback.

I didn't see but a couple of the movies nominated for anything of note, but from the previews I saw I'm not sure I agree with the best picture nomination. Crash just doesn't look that good to me. I think people like it because it is a slap-you-in-the-fact type of movie. I did see Brokeback Mountain, I really enjoyed it. Excellent acting all around, beautiful cinematography, and very skilled directing, but also not sure if it should have won best picture. That's really all I can say because I did see any thing else other than Geisha, which was beautiful, but didn't do the book justice.

Next year I really am going to have to see all the movies. I hate being so uninformed.

No comments: