Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Redecorating...part 1 The Dinning Room

This all started when I decided it was time to really start getting ready to have contractors come out to bid on remodeling my kitchen/dinning room. What started out as a simple project - move the computer into the craft/crap/guest room - turned into a major overhaul of my house. For the 4 years I have lived in my house my dinner room has functioned as an office, with a huge desk.

The desk is commonly refered to as "Big Mambo." This picture was taken after I moved the computer. But you get the general sense of chaos that I lived with.






This is the other side of the room. Where the actual table used to live. Notice the yellow back fence...my neighbors made fun of me when I did it, but they all love it now. Beats the weathered gray color I used to have to look at.

Here is what this area of my house looks like now...


This desk came out of the craft room - it didn't have anyplace to live once the new computer desk went in, but more on that in another post.

Of course Herb needed a new place to be once "Big Mambo" left the building, so I put up this shelf...it also keeps him out of Prada's reach. Okay, for some reason, blogger won't upload the last picture - but the shelf is right above the little desk.

Now, I can actually have dinner at a dinner table, I can't wait.

No comments: