Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's a no go

After all the stress and strife I didn't get the Activities Director job. I am a little disappointed, although not destroyed. I have a job I absolutely love (with the exception of teaching English). I am very surprised by who they are giving the job to, it's not someone I can picture really being able to control the kids and keep them focused. But then again I don't know this person very well, and wish nothing but the best of luck with tht position.

My principal was very complimentary when he talked to me about not getting the job and told me how happy he is with what I am doing with the theatre department, and that that didn't have any reflection on my not getting this job. He said he would never hold me back for the sake of what he wanted. Which I thought was very nice.

Later I went to harrass a friend of mine who was on the interview committee and she told me a big discussion was had on what a good job I am doing with the theatre department. It felt really good to know that my hard work is being recognized. I almost prefer to know people are talking about it when I am not around, than I would if they were talking directly too me.

I think this is the first time I have interviewed for something and not been really disappointed when I didn't get it. I really wanted it, but like I said I LOVE what I do. I was just looking for something that would give me the same satisfaction that I get working so closely with the theatre kids. The best thing about not getting the AD job is that I can really focus on building a TOTALLY KICK ASS THEATRE DEPARTMENT.

No comments: