Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Confirmed and everything


It's official my master's has been confirmed and I am now the proud owner of a master's hood! The graduation was fabulous, long but fabulous. I am still trying to figure out what the keynote speaker was talking about. The only thing I took away from is 3o minute speach was that nothing is made in one place. So, however that fits into people receiving degrees, I just don't know.

I enjoyed Texas, although was not too thrilled with Dallas. I am not a fan of cities that roll up the streets on Sunday. After enjoying Saturday wandering around Dealy Plaza and the 6th Floor Museum we went to the graduation and then a great dinner. If you are in the Dallas area check out Al Beirnat's. Very pricey but oh-my-god good prime rib. Sunday was spent driving around trying to find something to do (in the rain). We ended up at a really cool little catfish kitchen, where I discovered I don't like catfish. While driving in circles for hours trying to find someplace open to do something we looked at the huge homes in Univeristy Park. By the time we gave up and went back t the hotel it was almost time for dinner.

Saturday dinner was very casual at the Uptown Bar and Grill, and then music at Adair's in Deep Ellum. I really liked this dive bar. Apparently their theme is graffiti. It was everywhere, they even provide the markers to write on whatever you want. I was a bit offened by the fact they even let people write on the American Flag. Sorry, it that offends anyone's freedom of speach, but some things should just be treated with a little more respect than having Joe Blow write about the size of his member on it.

On Monday we drove to Fort Worth. I love this town. I really enjoyed seeing the long horns and all wandering around the historic district. Not to mention how can you not like a town that sells wine and beer to go. You can actually walk around the historic district and enjoy a nice glass of wine.

Now, to fully understand the impact of what I am now going to tell you, you must first understand my disdain for anything country. I don't like the clothes (I just don't see it as fashion), I don't like the music (although I really want to hear the song about tequilla making her clothes fall off), I am afraid of cows, and I think rodeos are mean. I don't mind the people who like this stuff. I just don't like it or find any use for it in my way of life. While in Fort Worth I fell victim to my shoe fetish and purchased a pair of cowboy boots. This is huge! I would much rather own a pair of Jimmy Choos than cowboy boots. But they were nice looking, I don't own light brown boots and they were a good price (so I was told by my mom). So I bought them, now the big question...what in the world am I going to wear then with?

All in all I like Texas, I might even consider going back for a wine tasting tour. I was pleased to find that there are many wineries in Texas, and that the wine is actually pretty good. I can stand to visit anyplace with good wine.

1 comment:

msdramateacherlady said...

I wish we would have known that was there! we would have stopped. You can probably tell we are big wine drinkers.