Saturday, August 12, 2006

Camping


We had the opportunity to go camping this week. If you have never camped at the beach I highly recommend it. M and I took his youngest daughter, B, with us to camp with my aunt, cousin, nieces and my BIL. We had a great time.

It is a sort of family tradition to camp at Carpenteria State Beach (when we can actually get a site). The beach is nice and we can walk in to town for dinner, which is what we did all three nights. I mean why cook when you can have margaritas at Cabos and pizza at Rusty's.

The kids all got along so well. Playing in the surf and sand, doing skits and singing WAY too many camp songs. I took this as a good sign. B normally doesn't go to many of my family functions, so she really doesn't know the kids. But to watch her fit in so well with my family was really nice.

After three days in the sand and dirt we came home and I immediately started getting ready for the school year. It was nice to get in one last trip before the end of summer.

What was your last adventure?

No comments: