Sunday, August 27, 2006

ARGH!!!

Ok, I know I have named several posts the same thing, but damn, I'm angry.

M and I got into an argument tonight.

I don't feel like I have done anything wrong.

I don't feel like he has done anything wrong.

We just don't see eye to eye.

He is complaining that I dont' want him to hang with my friends.

He is complaining about friends who I don't see very often.

Is it wrong of me to want to spend a little bit of time with them before I bring him into to the mix. Just to get the connection flowing again?

For example, I have a friend, a friend who has gone through a MAJOR life change (long story, really not my place to tell). and I have seen her 4 times in the past 2 - 3 years. He is upset because I haven't made a point of setting up a time for them to meet. Keep in mind that while we love each other, we don't make a huge effort to see each other.

My feeling is, we don't spend that much time together to begin with, if you get to meet her great. If not, she must not be that important. (d0n't get me wrong, I love this girl, but we aren't that close).

Am I making sense or has the wine taken over (the wine that I will regret tomorrow morning has I have to get up and start work after 2 months off).

It's not that I don't want him to meet her, it's that she and I don't spend that much time together to begin with. Why get upset about it?

Am I being stupid or his he being a nutty boy?

There's a second story, I'll make it short. I have a friend. A really good friend. We had a falling out and have recently gotten reconnected. I wanted the first few times (exact number - 3), we got together to be about she and I restarting our friendship. He is upset that he hasn't been invited out on these outtings. Mind out one of them was a bachelortte party for a friend of my friends, who I met once, and he was working.

The more I think about it, the more I think he just doesn't trust me when I am out with my friends, Maybe he needs a good ass kicking. Maybe I'm just crazy....

I hate feeling like this. It make me drink a lot of wine, and I mean A LOT of wine. and then I feel crapy the next day as well.

What are your humble opinions? I promis not to get mad. (at least not too mad).

Am I crazy, or is he just being very posessive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I can semi-relate to this and not just because my head is woozy this morning from too much wine last night.

I think you are justified in wanting to be selective about the circumstances or occasions in which to include him. Anytime you bring a new person into the mix, the rest of the group adjusts itself accordingly.

After all, if he were having some sort of problem and wanted to get together with you, would you drag along one of your girlfriends because she insisted it was time to meet your significant other?

Tell him to imagine the shoe being on the other foot and maybe he will see it differently.


Could be that he's possessive, or maybe he just really really cares for you a lot and feels jealous that he is not included. It's a fine line I guess!

Good luck with school, anyway!