Thursday, December 04, 2008

If only...

I could kill sophomores without any legal reporcussions. Because I can name almost 40 who deserve to die right now.

I have never encountered a group who can go from being good kids to wholey terrors in 30 seconds. They don't listen, they don't work and try to take a sub's word over my own. If they would stop their side conversations long enough they would know and understand what we are doing, my throat wouldn't hurt from having to talk over them to get their attention and I wouldn't feel like I'm about to snap at any moment.

Oh, and to all you substitue teachers out there, don't augment my lesson plans, no matter how weak you feel they are. I don't want to grade the stupid crossword puzzle that you gave them because you thought it would be fun. Don't correct my theatre students when they know what they are doing because they have been doing it for a week.

All these things combined does not leave me feeling well about leaving them for 3 days next week while I'm at a conference. This should be fun. I really should check and see which sub is in my room....hopefully it is the retired marine, he ROCKS!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. At least the holidays are right around the corner.