Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I've been tagged...

Wow, this is a new one for me, I've never been tagged. I am supposed to list seven random facts about me...

1. I love to read. I always have, always will. I will read anything, books, magazines, the back of cereal boxes. I have more books sitting around waiting to be read than any one person should. I am actually on bookstore restriction, I'm not allowed in unless it is a book emergency.

2. I HATE gum. I can't stand it. It's disgusting, it's made from the same stuff they make tires out of. Not to mention the fact that most people can't chew it with their mouths closed. That smacking sound it enough to drive me batty. (it really ranks up there with eating sounds, which I also can't stand). But I love mints!

3. I hate living in Orange County. There is nothing unique here. Disneyland is trying to take over the world (not that I don't love the Mouse, but there is a line). You can very rarely find cool places to go (although I must tell you about Memphis in Costa Mesa). I not so lovingly refer to the OC as the world's largest strip mall, because that is pretty much all you can find. Three new ones just went in in a 3 mile radius of my house, and not a single cool restaurant or shop in the bunch.

4. I love TV. I don't have many shows I am completely addicted to, but the ones I love, I really, really love. Right now on the top of the list Criminal Minds (I went to college with girl who plays Garcia), Grey's Anatomy and the ABC Monday night comedy shows.

5. I am passionate about theatre. I love reading about it, seeing it, creating it. Most of all creating! I love directing, acting, technical work. It is the one thing in which I will completely immerse myself. My students can see it, they don't always get it, but they see it. Doing theatre full-time is the only reason I would leave teaching.

6. I love loud, hard rock and roll. The louder the better. My students can't believe this and are often shocked when they hear about the concerts I attend. I actually won bonus points with one kid because I went and saw Motley Cru and Areosmith. My favorite band is the Violent Femmes, and I will drop almost anything to see them live.

7. I don't understand "html". I can't figure it out. I try and I get frustrated. That is why you will never see actual links on my blog, but you will see "url"s. Not to mention I really really don't have the time to sit down and figure out how to do it.

Now...who's next...

Katherine at www.katherines123blog.blogspot.com
Bug at www.anindiansummer.net
h&b at www.house-n-baby.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read the back of cereal boxes too...I've done it since I was a kid.

I also love rock and roll. Love Motley Cru, Def Leppard, AC/DC....great stuff.

I haven't even tried to understand HTML

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on several of these, notably #1, 4, and 7. I am computer stupid. I can figure things out quite easily if it is spelled out in terms appropriate for a 1st grader. Widgets? HTML? WTF?
Found you through Chatty!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Someone else who despises gum as much as I do.