Tuesday, May 01, 2007

a little of this, that and the other

Barring any more craziness M and I should get keys to the house this afternoon. We can't wait, the champagne has been in the fridge for 3 weeks. Once we get the keys the maddness really begins. We have to move me while I direct a musical that is 6 days from opening and before M leaves for Nashville for work.



My garage door broke, again! I have to miss rehearsal tomorrow for the repair company to come and and fix it. I demanded the home warranty company send someone different this time. Last time I specifically asked the repair guy if I needed a new door to prevent this from happening again and he said no. Well, this is the fourth time th exact same thing has happened in two years, what do you think?

One of my assistant principals doesn't trust my judgement, and I hate the use the girl card (I've done it a lot in the past month) but I really do think it's because we are dealing with tools, technology and all things usually considered man. Here's what happened...M and I were working with the kids to get ready for the musical on Saturday, M went up on the scaffolding to set the lights and it was discovered that the batton (big metal pipe that holds the lights) was coming out of the drywall. We took all the lights down, for safety - one good shake from the earth and the whole thing could have come crashing down. When I explained the situation to the AP he had the nerve to look at me like this was my fault! He also made me explain to him how we got up there and how we got the lights down. It took every fiber in my body not to reach out and slap him upside the head while stating the fact that I have a degree in this, I do this all the time, and that the kids in my program will go up on ladders and use power tools and they will not die! Stupid man!

On a very exciting note...I found my dress for the wedding. I don't think M has found the blog yet so I have posted a picture. I also found the perfect shoes, but haven't taken a picture of them yet...maybe later. Now I just have to lose some more weight! What do you think? (It's a terrible picture, but I love the dress!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow...I love the dress!!!It's absolutely gorgeous!!!
BTW~ great blog :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress....enjoy it!