Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On a mission to save second base...

As several of you know three years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Since then I spend each year training and fundraising for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Nothing has changed this year except for my walker number. I plan on raising $3000 this year. I know that sounds like a lot, but the funds go for such a worthy cause. Did you know that every three minutes another man or woman is diagnosed with breast cancer (yes, men can get it too). That is just astonishing to me.

When my mom was diagnosed I made the commitment to not sit back and just watch this disease destroy so many vibrant people. I made the commitment to get involved in any way I can.

So, here is my shameless plea for support... My walker number is 871001, please go to www.avonfoundation.org and check out my walker page (which is still under construction). Follow my progress and please by all means make a donation.

No comments: