Monday, January 14, 2008

Have you ever...

tried to get a "free catch" urine sample from a dog? Let me tell you it is not an easy task. In fact I was a little mortified as I walked through the park with the dog and a cup. I was pretty sure people thought I was nuts. Now that I think about it, what in the world are people, other than dog walkers, doing in the park at 7:15am. So, there I am, dog on lease, cup in hand, every time he started to lift his leg, I dove in for the catch, he would jump back and look at me like I had lost my mind. It was pretty funny to see would be my guess. It was like some sort of nutty tug-o-war.

The entire free catch experience was brought on because the vet found blood in the urine sample taken during the exam. Now, get this, they said that it could have been because of the collection process, yet we have to pay to have the tests done again. M dropped off the sample and instead of saying something he just paid it. I don't see why if the sample was bad because of their collection process I should have to pay to have the tests run AGAIN!!! We are now into this for $300 and still don't know what is wrong with Stoli.

I can say that he appears to be feeling better. When I called on Saturday for the test results they thought it might be cysts, so possibly not a tumor. So that is good. He is on antibiotics and is eating a different diet (we aren't a canned food kind of dog family and he is loving this special treat).

So, with that said, I don't have much new information other than, he seems to be feeling better, he is enjoying sleeping in the house, although it might end soon. I have encountered what appears to be pee in my library and in the hallway - and it definitely is more pee than would come out of a cat. If Stoli would just figure out how to use the dog door everything would be fine. He seems to be scared of it, big wussy dog.

No comments: