Sunday, May 07, 2006

This and that...

Why is it that after you pay upwards of $50.00 to attend an event you still have to pay to park your car? I wondered this as I forked out $8.00 to let my car sit for two hours in a parking structure. It just makes the mind reel...the structure has been there for years, there are performances at the theatre almost every day for the entire year, it has to be paid for by now. The attendants don't really need to be in there, they don't direct traffic anyway. WHY AM I PAYING TO LET MY CAR SIT SOMEPLACE. Could someone please explain this concept to me.

I went to my first ballet last night. Sylvia performed by American Ballet Theatre. It was really good. I enjoy watching the amazing talents. If you have never been to the ballet and like stuff like that I recommend it. The strength these performers have is amazing.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I am going to a hockey game today. It's playoff season and a really good friend of mine, L, is a huge Ducks fan (I prefer the Kings myself), so I have found myself attending Ducks games during the playoffs. It's great fun and you get to see some great hockey.

The play opens in less than two weeks. I don't have all my costumes because I am waiting for them to come in from another school. I will call that teacher today to make sure I can get them on Monday, I don't want that last minute scramble. The rest of this weekend has been spend painting baseball hats to look like they are hand drawn, buying props and layin out the program. Ah, the joys of being a high school theatre teacher.

1 comment:

Lucas said...

I always wanted (and still do want) to buy a big parking lot downtown or near downtown, build a structure and charge for people to park there. Think of what a good revenue source that is!