10 Things I love About Opening Night...
10. The kids are all amped and excited.
9. Everything is ready...no more sets to build, props to buy or costumes to make.
8. I finally get reimbursed for all monies spent.
7. The air in my classroom is electric.
6. Baby socks...a tradition I started with the first play I ever directed, everyone gets a baby sock on opening night because nothing bad can happen when you have something so cute with you.
5. Telling parents how wonderful I think their kids are.
4. The look on some parents faces when I tell them how wonderful their kids are.
3. Tech kids getting as excited as the actors.
2. The Hugs...I get lots of great kid hugs on opening night.
and the number 1 thing I love about opening night...
The look on the kids faces during curtain call. They have never looked prouder of themselves than they do at that moment. That is the moment I live for.