Thursday, May 04, 2006

And the saga continues

So things got worse yesterday...the VD walked out of rehearsal because of a comment made by an actor.

See, I have staged the ENTIRE play without considering the scene change music becuase it never gets played during rehearsal anyway. Adding it is easy, you just adjust the staging. Well, the kids were going from one scene to another and did it just the way I have had them doing it for 2 months, and the VD says there is scene change music that he has to get in. So, the kids exit and get ready to make the entrance again, they wait for the music to stop, and then enter. The VD said something I missed because I was making a note, the kid replied with what I had told them, the VD said something to the pianist, picked up his stuff and walked out without a word to me.

Now, I am not sure exactly what happened other than that. But it kept me up all night. Mainly because if the VD is going to act this way how am I to know what is going to happen in the next two weeks.

Before all the drama happened I was asked if there was going to be video of arial footage for the Red Baron monologue and if I had it in the budget to hire more musicans. Now, we are two weeks out...if asked about this stuff 2 or 3 weeks ago I could have done something. I had to tell the VD that I hadn't rented the extra music because I did last year and we didn't use it, HE DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT IT WAS HIM AND THE PIANIST LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!! He seemed a bit angry about this. I also said there wouldn't be any arial footage. He doesn't seem to understand I don't pull this stuff out of my butt!

No comments: