Friday, May 05, 2006

Ever feel like jumping?

Boy am I sounding like a whine baby right now. But then again a month's worth of insomnia will do that to a girl.

Today I found out that M can't do my lighting like planned. Now, why would you tell someone you could do something and then not tell your employer you need the day off. (This is not the first time he has done this by the way).

Now, I could do the lighting myself, I'm not very good at it, but I know what I'm doing. I just really don't like the 30-foot, broken ladder. I have sent out the battle cry of drama teachers everywhere - HELP! Hopefully someone will be able to come in and lend a hand.

I am not really mad at M about this. It is really more of a frustration...don't tell me you can do something and just hope your schedule doesn't change (this fiasco almost cost me $200 because I was supposed to rent a scissor lift-good thing I had waited until today). He did this with both of my cousin's weddings. He didn't bother to take the days off work, he just hoped he would be off after my RSVP that we were both coming. He had to come 1 1/2 hours late to one and left the other early. Now, that just makes me look bad, mainly because I put up with it.

So at this point in my day (and it's early) I feel like jumping off the theatre building. The kids told me to wait two weeks, until the show is over. The don't trust that the VD will show up to get them through it if I die. Gotta love the support.

No comments: