Friday, May 18, 2007

I hate that woman...

M's ex is back to making my life miserable.

We have moved into our new home. We are getting ready for a wedding in just under two months. We will be living together for the rest of our lives. And yet next weekend I am going to have to move into a hotel because M's daughter B will be staying the weekend.

Now, I understand the divorce paperwork says we can't live together when he has her, but he offered to stay at the other end of the house in the guest room. But that isn't good enough. I have to stay in a hotel.

She was actually shocked when he said that it would cost her $300 for me to do that. She just assumed I would imposition someone in my family by asking to stay with them. Which I am sure they wouldn't mind, but it is the principal of it. I have a home! Why in the world must I feel homeless. So she found a hotel for $100 a night. Which is what I am willing to pay, so I will be looking for rooms in the $200 range. I figure if I have to stay in a hotel it's going to hurt her, right in the pocketbook.

I know it seems petty and vindictive, but she makes my life a living hell. B isn't getting over the divorce (5 years now) because mom is an enabler. Mom isn't over the divorce so the child can't get over it. I know that the reason B gets so upset over some of the stuff she gets upset about is because she senses mom wants her to be upset over this. The kid can't even make a simple decision, like what kind of ice cream to order (there were only 4 flavors), without someone helping her. I thought we were going to give her an heart attack when we asked her to pick out some possible colors for the bedroom here.

She was upset because M asked how she felt if I came to open house with him. She actually cried when she got home. Mom was on the phone with M today complaining about it. I can't even go anyway, I have an awards ceremony at the school, so it really was a mute point, but she couldn't let it go.

What makes me feel worse is I really don't think M understands how much this stuff upsets me. I tell him how mad it makes me. But I don't think he really gets just how much it hurts. I try being nice the B, I try backing off, nothing works, the kid just isn't going to like me because mom has told her lies about me and her dad, mom doesn't want her to like me. She feels like she is betraying mom if she likes me. I really am on the edge of just giving up. I mean when I got out with M and B I feel like I am the third wheel, not that we are a family of sorts and I don't think this is ever going to change.

And it makes me sad.

No comments: