Saturday, February 25, 2006

What a day

I was finally freed by the garage people at about 4:00 pm. I spent the day kinda-cleaning the house, meaning I cleaned the really bad areas, and made some not so bad ones worse.

You see, I am a compulsive stacker. Somewhere in my mind I feel that if things are stacked neatly it really isn't a mess (a habit I really must work on breaking). Picture if you will, stacks of magazines waiting to be read (I don't feel like I have time because of all the stuff that needs to be done (I am one of those people who just can't sit still, drives Michael crazy)), stacks of books that need to be read, craft stuff that I can't bear to put away because I want to get the project done, ads that I haven't looked at yet, papers that need to be filed. Wow, when I write it down and look around it actually doesn't look as bad as it sounds, but it is still a mess.

I don't understand how I can move and move and move, and the house never seems to get any cleaner. Why is that? Are the cats going along behind me and putting the stuff back in the middle of the room? Is Herb sneaking out of his habitat at night and throwing gecko raves while I sleep? Why isn't this house company ready? I cleaned for hours today! ARGH!!!!!!

No comments: