After spending an entire day trying to convince people that students do more than "play" in a theatre class, that we do have rigor and relavance (the new educational buzz words), here are ten non-theatre things that theatre students in my class learn...
1. time management
2. to work together as a team
3. how to present in front of an audience
4. communication skills
5. how to offer ciriticism in a productive and kind manner
6. how to take criticism and use it for self improvment
7. the importance of deadlines
8. how to access creativity
9. thinking creatively
10. how to think "outside the box"
Now, how many employers would love to hire someone with skills like those!