Friday, August 31, 2007

one week down...

We're back, we're chugging along and all is going well. So far I am loving my students, then again it's only been two days.

My classes are not so big (pretty sad when you consider under 40 not so big). I have a really big Theatre 1 class and 22 in Advanced Theatre. That is the biggest that class has been since I came to this school 4 years ago. I guess the program is growing a bit.

I have picked up a new class with the ROP program. I am teaching Theatre Tech. It is going to be so much fun.

Productions lined up so far include A Midsummer Night's Dream for the school's fall production.
Then in my Advanced class the kids will be directing one-acts while I direct The Suessifcation of Romeo and Juliet with the. That will be my modeling show for how to direct a play. After that there has been a request for a murder mystery play by the advanced students.

And here is the big news...I told the VD that I won't be working on the musical this year. I am done working with him (I didn't tell him that part). I told him it was just too much stress and I want to take care of my health this year. He seemed to understand, didn't seem upset and said he doesn't know if he's going to do one or not. Should be interesting. The Drama kids have started telling me that if I'm not doing it, they aren't doing it. I will be directing a spring play instead.

My new lighting and sound system come in starting next week. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Imagine doing a play with real audio, cool lighting and all kinds of fun stuff. The kids are walking on air about this.

This is going to be an awesome year. One full of positive thinking and postive happenings. I REFUSE to let anything get me down this year. I know I said that last year and actually did pretty well until we hit the musical. This year there is nothing standing in my way.

No comments: