Monday, August 06, 2007

just a vent...

The weekend of my wedding I found out that my dad and his wife are splitting up. Actually I didn't find out the weekend of the wedding, I actually found out a few days after. But it all really came down right before the wedding.

My dad hasn't actually talked to me about it. My sister's husband told me what was going on. Apparently my dad has engaged in a bit of an indiscretion, to put it nicely. Pretty much the same thing he did before he left my mom. C (his wife) has told him he has to be the one to tell me and my sisters and apparently I am the only one he hasn't talked to.

He called me today to try to set up a time to come and talk to me and M about what is going on. He knows that I know bits and pieces, but not the whole story.

I am avoiding the call back for the time being. I just don't know what to say to him. I really like C and plan on keeping her in my life. In fact I like her much more than I like my dad, especially after this stunt. I know that people make mistakes, that they screw up, they make poor choices, I've done it. But to continue down the same path again and again, it just doesn't make sense.

No comments: