Tuesday, June 19, 2007

running

I don't run. Anybody will tell you that my moto is that if you see me running you might want to run the same way because danger is coming.

I belong to a weightloss site and several of the girls have been talking about the Couch to 5K plan. I looked it up just so I would know what in the world they were talking about. It actually sounded like something I could do. Because as much as I say I don't run, I like the idea of running. I like the idea of being one of those people down by the beach running. (I feel the same way about cycling).

So, with this new plan, and liking the idea of running, I went to the gym, got my butt on a treadmill and did the run/walk method for week one of the Couch to 5K plan. It wasn't bad. I did it, I didn't have to stop running during any of the 60 sec segments. I think I might actually be able to stick with this one.

Now, the negative side...my ankles hurt. Not like they have been injured, but like they are asking what the hell they did to me to be punished like that.

I don't plan on giving up. Who knows, I might actually run a 5K sometime.

No comments: