Wednesday, November 22, 2006

whatever will I do?

I have five days off! Let me tell you I need it (there are several sophomores who are in danger of losing their lives if I didn't get this time off).

What shall I do?

1. CLEAN MY HOUSE: Show season, which happens right before holiday season, always leaves my house a huge mess. I don't spend more than 6 hours at a time at home during this time, and I usually try to spend that time sleeping, not cleaning. So, when holiday season shows up, I have to clean like a maniac to get ready.

2. SCRAP: I am dieing to get my China scrapbooks done. I am spending the day multitasking. Scrap a couple pages, clean a room, scrap some more, clean some more. So far so good. I am getting through the scrapping pretty quickly actually. It helps when you opt for uniform as opposed to very creative. Each page has the same look, the pictures and journal blocks are just in different places. Of course I have to go back and change a bunch of stuff (oh, goodness), I changed my mind on something, and it will drive me nuts to not go back and make the whole thing match.

3. DECORATE: This is my favorite part. I can't wait to pull out all the Christmas stuff and set it up. I want to be ready to do that by the time I get home from my mom's tomorrow. I need that holiday spirit to get me through the rest of the year.

4. SHOPPING: Yes, I am a Black Friday shopper. I actually finish my Christmas shopping each year on Friday. I like it that way. If I have to hit the mall again, it can be a liesurely trip, not stress, no rush. And it let's me enjoy the holiday. And actually Black Friday shopping isn't as bad as people think. Check the Black Friday website (more on this later), plan your trip and most of all start early!

5. GLASS CLASS: Some of you may know that I do glass work (in that non-existent spare time). I love to copper foiled suncatchers and stuff like that. I have even toyed with starting a website or blog just for sale of the stuff. There are only so many of them you can hang in your house. If you need a cool gift and want to see what I do let me know. I can post some pictures. Anyway, back to glass class...I am taking a fused bowl class on Saturday. I am probably most excited about this. I am a born learner. I don't like not learning something new. If all goes well I will come out of this class with a gift from my Grandmother. I'll post pictures of the finished project.

6. FAMILY: Thursday I will spend the day with family. It has been a tough year for our family and we really need this time to reconnect. While we have had some good stuff happen; one of my sisters is pregnant, my cousin had a baby. It has been a really really rough one. One I am glad is coming to a close soon. In the past 12 months, my mom was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer, my mom's fiance', who supported her through her treatment, passed away (he had been diagnosed with a brain tumor), Grandma G had open heart surgery (she's doing great). It's been hard. I am still having a hard time with much of this. I am having a hard time moving out of the angry stage of grief, probably because I was out of the country when the stuff with R really got bad and wasn't there to say goodbye. This will be the first big family gathering since R passed. It's going to be so strange not having him there. Okay, so this didn't go where I thought it was going to so I will change the subject...

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy family, friends and good food. Life is short enjoy it all you can. Tell those you love that you do, before they are gone.

No comments: