Sunday, November 12, 2006

I LOVE Rock-n-Roll

Motley Crue and Aerosmith rocked! We had so much fun, despite the fact it was 49 degrees and an outdoor concert (hey, I'm from Southern California, that's cold!), and the 1 1/2 hours it took us to get out of the parking lot.

I don't get it, there are people all over the place to tell you where to park, but they don't make them hang around to help you get out. Literally we slept in the car for an hour before we even moved! I am so thankful that M decided to get us a hotel near the Pavillion

Anyway, I can't believe how hard these guys can still rock. It was freakin' awesome! I have to say I thought the Crue was WAY better than Aerosmith. I had heard different and have to totally disagree. And that's not to say that Aerosmith didn't bring it, the Crue just out played them.

Here is something else I just don't understand. M works in the event staging industry, therefore he knows people EVERY WHERE. He has a friend who had been on tour with the Crue up until about 2 months ago, but is still friends with the band and the crew (stage crew that is). So, this friend got us guest passes from the band. But low and behold anytime we tried to get anywhere other than our own seats we were told we needed to have tickets and that the ushers didn't care that we had guest passes. It just didn't make any sense.

Here are some pictures of the night. Although we had pretty good seats, the pictures didn't turn out very well, really super bright lights will do that.



You can't tell, but this is Motley Crue. Their set used a ton of fire and was very tribal looking to me. There were a couple of hanging cages, during the show a couple of girls got into them and were writhing around, it was pretty cool.








I can't tell who's playing, and I was there, so please don't ask.










This is probably the best picture. It was taken right after "Kickstart my Heart".





Okay here is a picture of Aerosmith. I didn't take as many of them. Their bright lights were on all the time, as well as the big screen. Not good for the photo taking. In fact, this one is pretty bad. My camera just doesn't take good pictures without the flash at night.









And last but not least, a piture of my Motley Crue guest pass...

No comments: