Tuesday, November 14, 2006

looking for a quick fix

Why does this have to happen during a super busy week for me?

I have the beginnings of a very serious UTI. I hurt, much. I should take the day off to go to the doctor, but we have a performance at 3:30 today. I'm going to try for an after hours appointment, but that will have to wait until 6:00 pm. I will have to make it through a minimum of 12 hours before I can see someone.

I am currently taking Uristat, an OTC drug that is supposed to ease the urgency and burning. I am also taking a holistic tonic that is supposed to help. But I can't remember if it only helps before the infection comes or if it will help now. On the way to school I will load up on cranberry juice.

I figure if I can keep enough fluids in my body that I have to use the rest room after every period, I shouldn't be in much pain. (the more fluid that comes out the less it burns).

Is this TMI?

Does anyone have any other suggestions to get me through the day? Am I just screwed?

If I hadn't changed insurance all I would have to do is call my doctor and she would call in the perscription (yes, I get them that often). But now I have to start all over.

No comments: