School let out and summer vacation started and I dropped off the face of the earth. I have been enjoying my time off. Reading, working around the house and visiting with friends. It hit me yesterday that I only have 5-6 weeks left. It is going by super fast, mainly because summer is almost 2 weeks shorter this year. Our district in an effort to save money has eliminated our year round track for elementary schools. To keep those parents happy they adjusted the traditional track schools to have a longer winter break and a longer spring break. I'm not so sure about the change, but I'm willing to give it a shot with an open mind.
So, with my remaining weeks I have a lot of stuff I want/need to get done, with that here are a "To Do" list.
1. Scan family photos - several years ago I became the self professed family historian. That basically means I stared scanning 30-some-odd years of family photos and moving them to acid free albums. I never finished, so that needs to get done.
2. Scan heritage photos - on the same lines of the family photos, I have 3 albums that belong to my grandmother that I need to scan.
3. Paint iron patio furniture - when R passed away 3 years ago I took some really cool patio furniture from his house. I have never gotten around to painting it, although I did buy the paint. I want to paint the furniture and make it functional.
4. Landscape the tranquility garden - okay it's really not a tranquility garden, it's just the garden on one side of our backyard, but I want to make it a place where we can relax and enjoy the evenings with some tea or a glass of wine.
5. Read - the reading list for the summer is HUGE. I am changing English levels next year and haven't read most of the stuff on the reading list, so I have some catch up to do. Not to mention I need to find my fall play.
6 Funding - I need to find funding for my online class. The school informed me at the end of last year that they will not fund me next year. I don't get it, we are one of 18 schools in the world that do this project and they don't want to fund it.
These are some of the major things, there are lots of other little projects that keep popping up. The paper to do list is much longer, because I add to it as I discover things that need to be done. I also want to make a trip to Phoenix to visit my grandmother and and possibly to Colorado to see my sister (this is the trip M wants me to make).
In the middle of all of this I want to find some beach time, I'm looking a little pasty right now.
So, what are your summer plans? Anything exciting going on?