Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chuggin' Along...

Summer is moving at break neck speed for me and I don't feel like I'm getting enough done. I feel like I spend all my time cleaning, this is due to the fact the new 19y/o living in the house does even less than her father when it comes to helping out. To add to the chaos, 8 of her friends from Utah are coming to town tomorrow afternoon, for a week. And last night I was told I was wrong because I was upset that the ballroom dancing night AT THE HOUSE wasn't run by me first. I was told it is her house too. Fine, then maybe she should do some stuff around here. Now, would I have said no, probably not, but it would have been nice to have been part of the conversation that said it was okay.

The rest of what is going on and how I am feeling about it is a long, long, long story and makes me very, very, very upset, so I shall not talk about it and update the to do list...

1. Scan family photos - haven't started this

2. Scan heritage photos - haven't started

3. Paint iron patio furniture - thought about starting

4. Landscape the tranquility garden - did work on this for a couple of hours a couple of days ago

5. Read - I continue to read as much and as quick as I can.

6 Funding - Got an email from an organization that has two grants that I might qualify for, of course they have already given them out for the coming year. I can apply in March. I need to call Rotary Club again, they never called me back.

7. AVON WALK - I need to raise $1000 still in order to do the walk. Right now I am making spare change jars for people to collect their change in for donation. Now, I just have to get people to agree to fill the jars.

Okay, off and running. I need to clean a doggie pool so I can return it, the dogs want nothing to do with it.

1 comment:

Wade said...

Terrific blog! If you get a chance between all of your tasks, I hope you'll visit my website:

plays.about.com

It;s a handy resource for drama teachers and theater students.