Sunday, February 10, 2008

a call for help...

Each year the high school participates in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's annual penny drive (in fact we have been the top money raising school for something like 8 of the past 10 years). This year I want my theatre department to play a larger part in the fund raising efforts. To do this we are putting together what I am calling the Cancer Project.

The Cancer Project will be a performance piece that includes poetry, scenes and monologues dealing with cancer. All of the performances will be bookended with stats and information regarding cancer that might take people by surprise.

What I am asking for is submissions. I would like for anyone who has been effected by cancer, cancer of any kind, We are choosing not to just focus on Lymphoma or Leukemia, to submit your story or your writings.

We will also be putting up pictures of survivors and those who fought the battle but did not survive in the lobby as a tribute to why we are doing the project. If you would like to submit a photo with their information (i.e. name, type of cancer, year diagnosed, years surviving or (sadly) the year they passed) let me know. I would love to share our tribute with your loved one.

By the way, all the profit from the production will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We are hoping to raise $2000 on this project.

No comments: