Wednesday, January 24, 2007

house hunt

M and I have started that all too frustrating house hunting process.

I am working with the same person who did my refi on my townhouse. Mainly because he set up the loan so the townhouse can remain a rental so I am relying on him to get us approved for a second home. I can't sell the townhouse for at least 3 years because of the loan I'm in.

So, we got our first list of homes about two weeks ago, we took a day and went and looked at all the houses to see which ones we might be interested in. And let me tell you, there were some scarey neighborhoods on that list. M travels ALOT so I won't buy anywhere I don't feel immediately comfortable because I will be spending a lot of time alone.

We found a house we really really liked and I emailed mortgage guy that same night. This was last Monday. He tells me he will set up appointments to see the property, I say okay great, Thursday! (By the way, the Monday M and I looked at the houses mortgage guy was supposed to be with us, but cancelled.)

I email mortgage guy on Monday to comfirm for Thursday, no response.

I email mortage guy again on Tuesday, email that says he is working on setting up appointments - appointments that should have been set up a week prior.

I talk to mortgage guy today, says he hasn't heard back from anyone, but will call me back. He calls me back two hours later, tells me he has been told their "super key" doesn't work and the reality company won't show the house by appointment.

He sends me the contact information thinking maybe they will do it for the buyer.

I call reality guy on his cell phone and get his assistant who proceeds to tell me said perfect house is in ESCROW!!!!!!

ARGH!

I can't help but think that perhaps if mortgage guy had done what he told me he would do I might have actually had a chance to grab this house.

I called mortgage guy to tell him that the house was in escrow and he couldn't believe it. It figures the house had been on the market for 3 months, price lowered twice. An idiot could have figured out to move QUICK! But not my guy...take your time, put your client on hold, let them call you three times before you get your stuff together...

ARGH!!!!!!!

M and I are back at square one. And let me tell you, we can't live in my townhouse. It won't hold two people, much less the four it would have to hold when his girls are with us.

Once again...ARGH!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH man the same thing happend to us! We had set an appointment to go in on Monday morning to sign the closing papers on the perfect place because the seller said "He wouldn't have time over the weekend."

We showed up on Monday and the asshat had sold the house out from underneath us on Saturday!

Keep hunting hun, I know it's frustrating but you'll find something!