Friday, September 29, 2006

Herb update

First, for those of you who don't know Herb is my gecko and he is sick. He has something hanging out of his butt that belongs on his inside.

Now, on with the story.

I took Herb to Dr. G (different Dr. G, the cat and dog Dr. G doesn't do reptiles).

Apparently Herb is not a "he," Herb is a "she." She will continue to be called Herb, Herb-a-licous, Lic(ous). Yes, I have always called HER those things.

Herb has been eating the sand substraight that is in the cage. This has caused a "blockage". Or at least that is what we think the problem is as of right now.

Dr. G offered to keep Herb over the weekend to monitor, adminsiter meds and to see what he could get out of her and put back in. The Dr. thinks because of the sand Herb has some hard stools and is pushing too hard to get them out, thus causing the innards to come outwards.

So, for the next 3 days I am Herb-less. It's kind of strange.

The Dr. is giving me a great deal. He had me tell him that it was a class pet, he gives teachers a deal on class pets. When I said "no" at first he told me I was supposed to lie. So, he is charging about $20 to keep her, then the med and stuff will be on top of that. Pretty cool huh?

Although I did feel really weird taking a lizard to the vet.

Keep happy thoughts coming Herb's way. I am sure she isn't going to be happy with me when she comes home on Monday.

3 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Poor Herb...! I hope she will be alright! Nice Vet, huh? Really really nice.

About "The Crucible" you are so very right. The tie in was definitely those days in the early 50's during THAT Witch Hunt, and Miller new what he was doing precisely! No doubt about that! Good for you my dear...I think it is so important to give a context, when you can, to the relevancy of the times when a play was written...Important and essential, too! I applaud you.

Anonymous said...

Awe, hope she gets better soon! :o( Thanks for stoppin' by my blog *grins*

Anonymous said...

I worked at a vet who did reptiles- tricky sometimes, especially giving snakes shots. That problem though, we never saw. Good luck to Herb- that would scare the poo out of me.

Bad joke. Sorry.

Now that you mention it, my kid wants a lizard for Xmas. I may be coming to you for advice!!