Thursday, May 07, 2009

Why do rules change?

I often wonder about this. I have worked at my school for 5 years and in the district for 10, and the rules are constantly changing. I understand the concept that sometimes rules need to change, but don't tell me that something has always been a rule when I have never been asked to do it.

I have run into this situation numerous times this year. All regarding paperwork. This year I have been told I am supposed to submit my show posters, program and tickets for approval because they are seen by the public. I have to submit my insurance to drive students (which I actually knew but haven't done in years, and have continued to drive students with the administration's knowledge).

I am compulsive rule follower, I like to follow rules, I like structure. But don't tell me things have always been a certain way when they haven't. Don't treat me like the scum of the earth and scold and reprimand when you haven't enforced the rules that have been broken. Don't be reactive, be proactive. It is actually to the point of being ridiculous.

No comments: