Sunday, June 15, 2008

it's finally over...

The school year has ended. My last day was on Thursday, Bella spent the day getting loved on by all my teacher friends while I tried to get checked out for summer. I have spent the last couple of days trying to get things squared away for a summer learning institute I am planning on attending (they have only been nagging me to come for 3 years) and trying to get the house ready to go on vacation (I hate leaving a dirty house).

I can definately tell the school year needed to catch up with me. Yesterday I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. Mind you I do not do naps well. It usually takes me about 3 hours to recover from taking one. Then I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV at about 8:30 and slept until almost 7:00 this morning. I guess my body was ready for some good rest. Now I am ready to hit the summer feet first.

I will spend the next week cleaning, packing and relaxing during the day and the spend the evenings at the school with an outside theatre company who is renting my space (that means they are also renting the lights and sound equipement, which I don't let anybody not in my department run). It should be interesting to say the least (I thought their last show stunk up the place). I will spent most of the time in my class prepping for next year, might as well make good use of my time.

Now I am off to hit the treadmill and take Bella for her mile walk. I hope everyone is enjoying the fab weather...it's FINALLY feeling pretty good here in ol' So Cal.

No comments: