Tuesday, November 29, 2005

THE JOYS OF HIGH SCHOOL

Most of us spent 4 years trying to get out of high school...I continue to spend each and every day loving being there. I was recently reminded that I have been teaching for 11 years. YIKES! At first I felt old, but then I felt happy...how many people can say they have spent that much time doing something they truely enjoy.

I have been asked how I can spend that much time with teenagers, or how I can put up with the public education system...all I can say is that where else do you get to go and get paid for playing. I get to talk about literature, watch plays, watch young performers grow. It is am amazing way to make a living.

Many people feel that our education system is the downfall of society. But what are those people doing to improve it? Nothing! They complain, pull their kids out of the schools but don't offer any suggestions as to what they feel will help make things better.

I love what I do! I love my students! I love being a teacher!

No comments: