Tuesday, January 13, 2009

and he huffed and he puffed and...

he blew the fence down. Yep that's right, the fence at the townhouse is down!

I got a call from M at about 5:15 this morning, he was on his way to San Diego for work and got the call from our tenant that the courtyard fence was down. Now, I knew it needed to be replaced, but I was hoping to get a little more on top of the bills before we had to do it. (I'm holding my breath that the back yard fence holds for this windy season and we can buy a little time on that one). Both fences really should have been replaced when I was living on the property, but I didn't have the money then, kind of like now.

I have emailed the association to let them know we are aware of the situation and see how long we have to fix it. I have emailed all the neighbors (that I have contacts for) told them we know about the situation and that we are working on it. I'm not so worried about the assoication, it's the neighbors. They don't like my tenant. He was a little loud when he moved in. He refused to meet them because they didn't come over and welcome him to the neighborhood. But that is another story.

So, now I am on the search for a good contactor (good and cheap). If you know one in the OC (that's Orange County, CA) please let me know. I have a fence to replace.

Note: I will be posting pictures tonight of the damage. I figure we might want to take pictures just in case. Hopefully the tenant hasn't removed the debris before I get there.

No comments: